Call for Topical Sessions
The AIVC Scientific Committee seeks ideas for topical sessions organized within the Conference.
Proposals focusing on the main conference themes & topics are welcome.
Please note that:
- All proposals must be submitted by January 10th, 2022.
- Notifications of acceptance will be sent by February 11th, 2022
- Upon acceptance, sessions’ chairs & speakers should submit the final description of proposals, their final papers and/or summaries (see General info & Table 1 below for detailed deadlines).
All Topical Sessions proposals should be submitted via this link (Topical sessions proposals is closed)
Table 1: Important dates for Topical Sessions’ proposals submissions
Proposal (description) Submission due
January 10, 2022 / New Date January 20, 2022 (closed)
Acceptance Confirmation due
February 11, 2022 (closed)
Final Description Submission (for conference website upload) due
March 25, 2022 (closed)
Submission of Papers or extended summary due
July 1, 2022 (closed)
Topical Sessions’ description specifications
A first (provisional) description proposal for Topical Sessions should be submitted through the conference website by January 10, 2022 ( New Date January 20, 2022) the latest via the conference website and include the following information
- Session title: Provisional title clearly marking the topic of interest
- Session chair and co-chair: Please indicate two names (indicative)
- Session duration: Please indicate your preferred session duration (60, 75, 90 minutes)
- Provisional Description of the session based on interaction with speakers and including the objectives of the session.
- Provisional Session programme: Names of speakers and paper/summaries titles.
Upon acceptance, the full & final description for Topical Sessions should be submitted by March 25, 2022 the latest according to the template available: AIVC Conference Topical Session Description Template 2022 at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Session title: Final title clearly marking the topic of interest
- Session chair and co-chair: Please indicate two names (final)
- Session duration: Please indicate your session’s duration (60, 75, 90 minutes)
- Final Description of the session – to be included in the proceedings- based on interaction with speakers and including the objectives of the session.
- Final Session programme: Names of speakers and paper/summaries titles.
- A topical session typically has 2 to 4 presentations to allow time for discussion with the audience.
- Invited speakers do not need to send an abstract to answer the call but should provide an extended summary or paper.
- Invited speakers should send:
- either a paper that complies with the conference template available on the conference website at: Full Papers Template 2022, or
- a 1- or 2-page extended summary that complies with the conference template available on the conference website at: Conference Summary Template TS 2022 – to be included in the proceedings
- Full papers should be submitted on the conference website
- Sessions speakers have to register as regular participants, but will be acknowledged as invited speakers in the conference programme
- All other requested information including final session description (programme etc.) & summaries should be sent to: email@example.com.